These pancakes are light, fluffy, crispy, sweet, and just a little sour - everything you're looking for when talking about lemon ricotta pancakes. Because they are gluten free, they yield thinner and lighter pancakes. This makes them more crispy, and allows for the maple syrup and butter topping to soak right in, creating a wonderful contrast.
What you'll need:
- Gluten Free Pancake mix (King Arthur is the best)
- Eggs (2 large)
- 3 oz of Maple & Cinnamon butter (melted)
- Buttermilk (2 cups)
- Lemon Juice (1/2 cup)
- Ricotta (1 cup)
- 2 bowls (1 big one for wet, 1 for dry)
- small bowl or ramekin (for melting butter)
- Melt your butter. Place in big bowl.
- Pour in buttermilk, lemon juice, and eggs - whisk thoroughly
- Whisk in 3 cups of pancake mix. Incorporate wet and dry thoroughly.
- Lastly, mix in 1 cup of ricotta.
- Turn on your griddle/pan of preference, get it hot.
- Pour batter (proportioned in 4", 6", or 8" round cakes) onto hot pan, and flip over when you begin to see a golden brown color peaking through the edges of the pancake. With this recipe, I yield about 8, 8" pancakes. Serve with more softened maple & cinnamon butter, maple syrup, and/or powdered sugar. Enjoy!