Out of all of our flavors, our Black Garlic Butter is my go to with burgers. Black Garlic is essentially fermented garlic, and it has an incredible savory, sweet, and umami flavor. It’s a perfect compliment to a juicy, fatty burger, and it’s really simple to make! Let’s do it.
What you’ll need:
- Churn Black Garlic Butter (roughly ½ to 1 oz per serving is a good measure)
- Ground Beef Patties (80/20 lean to fat is a good ratio)
- The works – lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, whatever you want!
- Salt + pepper
- Grill Brush
1) Turn on your grill, oil it up with a high heat tolerant fat (avocado oil, grapeseed, ghee, etc.), close lid, and wait for it to get hot!
2) Season your patties liberally with salt + pepper.
3) Get all your condiments ready (lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.).
I love thick sliced grilled red onions on my burgers. The sweetness in the grilled onions are a great contrast to the savory-ness of the meat and the umami-filled black garlic butter.
4) Spoon out your black garlic butter (roughly ½ to 1 oz per person is a nice amount) into a microwave safe bowl, and melt for 10 seconds. You can also use a small saucepot to melt the butter and place it right on the grill beside you for simplicity/ease.
5) Place your patties on the hottest area of the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your patties.
6) Flip over and cook for another 2 minutes. Then, you’re gonna brush your black garlic butter all over the patties and let melt for the last few minutes of cooking.
**Pro tip: Grilled Black Garlic buttered buns always deliver as well! If you’re doing this, now would be a good time to throw them on the grill.
7) Place your seasoned & buttered patties on your buns, load up with your favorite condiments, and enjoy some of the best burgers of your life!