Our pesto butter is absolutely loaded with fresh basil and parmesan, which makes it a perfect pair for pastas, vegetables, and grilled meats!
Here we’re brushing the butter on some grilled chicken just prior to it finishing on the grill. It’s a super simple recipe, but always a crowd pleaser.
What you’ll need:
- Churn Pesto Butter
- Chicken (Breasts or Thighs work great on the grill! Skin on + more flavor)
- Salt + Pepper
- Grill brush
1) Turn on your grill, oil it up with a high heat tolerant fat (avocado oil, grape-seed, ghee, etc.), close lid, and wait for it to get hot!
2) Season chicken with Salt & Pepper
**Pro tip: Pat down the chicken with paper towels to dry the meat before you season. This helps to get a really nice crispy skin or char on the meat for optimal grilling.
3) Spoon out however much pesto butter you’d like (roughly ½ to 1 oz per person is a nice amount) into a microwave safe bowl, and melt for 10 seconds. You can alternatively use a small saucepot to melt the butter and place it right on the grill beside you for simplicity/ease.
4) Place your seasoned chicken on the grill, skin side down. Depending on thickness, cook for about 4-5 minutes each side.
5) Flip over, cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
6) Brush with as much Churn as your heart desires and enjoy!